APA - The Engineered Wood Association
INDUSTRY TRADE ASSOCIATIONBUILDING MATERIAL MANUFACTURINGBUILDING MATERIALSENGINEERED WOOD PRODUCTS
For more than eighty years, APA – The Engineered Wood Association has focused on helping the industry create structural wood products of exceptional strength, versatility and reliability. Combining the research efforts of scientists at APA’s 42,000 square-foot research center with the knowledge gained from decades of field work, and cooperation with our member manufacturers, APA promotes new solutions and improved processes that benefit the entire industry.
The APA Field Services team consists of full-time engineered wood specialists located throughout North America. These engineered wood experts include engineers, architects, and construction experts who are available to provide information and recommendations to construction and design professionals.
Each APA representative is available to provide consultation and seminar training on topics such as:
• IRC Wall Bracing
• The APA Wall Bracing Calculator
• Advanced Framing for IECC Compliant Walls
• Moisture and Mold Prevention in Building Assemblies
• I-Joist and LVL Floor System Installation
• Fire Protection of I-joist Floors
• Shear Walls and Diaphragms
• Code Changes Affecting Engineered Wood
• Minimizing Roof Imperfections and Callbacks
• Designing with Glulam Beams
• Inspecting Engineered Wood Applications
Seminars and Webinars
The Field Services team conducts education and training seminars and webinars on the above topics and more. Seminars are typically presented to residential builders, commercial contractors, engineers, designers, lumber dealers or wholesale lumber distributors.