J.S. Hovnanian & Sons, a 57-year-old real estate developer, is searching for a motivated and experienced Construction Supervisor. Your goal will be to provide a leadership role at the construction site by monitoring and maintaining construction production and supervising staff assigned to the job. While the primary focus of duties may be directed toward specific sequences of construction, it is understood that this position requires a general responsibility for all phases of construction. You will represent the Company to prospective and current homeowners/tenants, other employees, contractors, regulators and interested members of the public in a professional, courteous manner consistent with the best interests of the Company.
- Maintain production schedule.
- Coordinate and track all material deliveries to the construction site.
- Monitor the work schedule of laborers, quality control coordinators, and any and all assistants assigned to the project. Arrange for and monitor the timely completion of all contracted work by subcontractors. Inspect and monitor the thoroughness and quality of work done by all staff and contractors for each and every house.
- Order or arrange orders for all material supplied by the Company according to schedule and contract terms. Order all non-contracted materials as may be necessary for the satisfactory construction of houses by means of purchase order.
- Monitor the maintenance of company owned vehicles and equipment.
- Order or arrange orders for dumpsters and monitor their efficient use.
- Maintain the site in a clean manner, consistent with regulatory approvals (i.e. soil conservation requirements, road and traffic maintenance).
- Assist the Director of Customer Service in facilitating repair work.
- Review purchase orders and invoices of subcontractors and vendors to confirm that materials and services are correctly representative of billing.
- Monitor completeness and accuracy of work performed by laborers, quality control coordinators, and subcontractors.
- Call for and ensure the timely and successful completion of inspections and readiness of houses for sale per the construction schedule.
- Monitor and enforce the Safety Program on the construction site.
Please send your resume along with your salary history and requirements to:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent; Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of construction experience on a high volume, fast-paced project, in addition to 5 years of experience in a construction supervisor role or similar
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, especially MS Office Suite
- Positive, self-confident, assertive attitude required
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- OSHA safety training certification preferred