Director of Business Development, Builder - Northeast
- Job ID
- Additional Locations
- US-MA-Boston | US-PA | US-NY
Director of Business Development | Data Sales Team
Northeast region | Remote | Full Time
Zonda is redefining the future of housing. We are perfectly placed in the heart of the fast-growing real estate industry. We are making big bets on the future of real-estate, trailblazing a 2030 vision for the industry. Here at Zonda, you’ll be able to use your passion and curiosity to drive the next generation of real estate analysts, advisors, and technologists.
Zonda is looking for a passionate Director of Business Development to evolve and expand our team. Zonda looks for people who can grow, think, dream, and create. When you join our team, you’ll be in a unique position to make a change with every project. You’ll use your full range of skills to build great experiences and learn about the real estate industry, economics, and data. You’ll be supported with the necessary tools, and you'll be working with an awesome and like-minded team. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary, and collaborative - all working to build the future of housing.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for generating new business representing Membership Services including an online platform and a mobile iPad app. In addition, this individual will work collaboratively with our Regional Directors to drive the brand in the local markets by becoming an active participant in the home building, land development, and supporting financial service industries. Knowledge of the residential housing and development industry players, key projects/developments within the industry, and local real estate industry associations is highly valued but not required.
Major Job Responsibilities and Related Duties:
- Generate new business selling Zonda’s Membership Services and mobile platform to homebuilders, residential & commercial retail developers, financial institutions, real estate investment banking firms, cities and redevelopment agencies throughout the territory
- Develop and execute on a sales plan for the territory
- Generate 9 face‐to‐face appointments each week and maintain all meeting & pipeline information in Salesforce.com
- Generate qualifying leads and drive the full sales cycle from introductory calls to closing deals
- Schedule and perform in person and web demonstrations
- Embrace new technology, and strong proficiency with multiple technology platforms (PC, mobile devices, online apps, etc.)
- Travel within your territory & industry conventions to close prospects
- 4+ years of experience in a related digital/data services business development/outside sales role
- Previous experience in a SaaS environment with focus on user acquisition
- Experience and desire to manage the entire sales process which includes prospecting, needs analysis, and closing; drive to acquire new business will be key
- Success in this role will call for a hunter mentality, a quick learner, independent mindset, and be high energy/aggressive ‐ day in day out (constant sense of urgency)
- Strong prospecting, presentation, and closing skills
- Ability to close business accounts and face frequent resistance and opposition from key decision makers
- Proficiency using Salesforce.com (or other CRM platform) is required
- Ability to learn and develop proficiency in new skills quickly
- Goal‐oriented sales approach; be able to provide a proven track record of meeting quarterly and annual goals
- Be able to consult with and close business with multiple decision makers
- Ability to thrive in an environment that is constantly changing and updating in order to be on the leading edge of technology
- Ability to travel within defined sales territory
- BA or BS in Business
Zonda is the leading provider of primary and secondary housing market information. We provide research, data, analytics and consulting services to help builders, developers, lenders, suppliers, retailers, utilities, and others make investment and business decisions every day.
Join our growing teams as we work to build the future of housing.
Zonda (formerly Hanley Wood | Meyers Research) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. m/f/d/v